Thanks to Not The Nation for the following helpful article on how to NOT bypass the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology's clumsy and ethically questionable attempts to censor the internet.
From Not The Nation:
The following steps should NOT be taken by those attempting to bypass the Ministry of Communication and Information’s blocking of websites
It is ILLEGAL to use this guide to quickly and easily access the world of free information on the internet. NTN provides this information in the public interest as a clear example of what not to do, right now.
- DO NOT log onto to www.torproject.org
- DO NOT download the latest package on this page: http://torproject.org/download.html.en.
- DO NOT open the file, which will automatically install all the software you need.
- DO NOT notice that a small icon now appears in your system tray, shaped like a small onion.
- DO NOT right-click the onion and select “Start” from the pop-up menu.
- DO NOT use the same menu to select “Message List” to see the Tor system slowly develop an anonymizing network.
- Once its tells you “A circuit has been built” DO NOT then enjoy safe, censorship-free surfing to banned sites such as YouTube and MindightUniversity.
- For even greater convenience, DO NOT download Mozilla Firefox, a superior web browser program available free at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ , and DO NOT then download an add-on called “Tor Button” here at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2275 that allows you to switch Tor on and off easily while browsing.
- If you do successfully download Tor, DO NOT keep a copy of the downloaded installation file which can be easily emailed as an attachment to all your friends or distributed on a CD-ROM or flash keychain drive.
- If the Tor download page is blocked, DO NOT seek out other similar services and software such as these: http://freenetproject.org/ or http://www.freehaven.net/ or http://marabunta.laotracara.com/english.php.
- If these services are not available, DO NOT do a Google Search for “anonymizer” or anonymity networks” and DO NOT learn more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Anonymity_networks.